Welcome to me. Not sure where the road will take me, but feel free to take the trip with me.

I'm working on a new me. Ok, so maybe not a new me but a better me. Would love to meet new friends, re-connect with old and have fun along the way.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain

Pin It
The wording for this bit of wisdom came to me in a tweet. The knowledge however has been mine for some time. I liked it so much I have since put it on all of my outgoing work e-mails and have recieved quite a bit of positive feedback.
Here are 3 things to remember about Dancing in the Rain.
1- Expect to have a BAD-HAIR DAY! Either embrace it or get the Keratin treatment so it's straight and you don't have to worry about it. Whatever you do though, don't embrace the rain and BITCH about the hair! That's just BAD FORM!
2- In the words of Vivian from Pretty Woman- "I'm a safety girl" (Maybe it's the mom in me, maybe it's the nurse). Please make sure you wear rubber sole shoes while dancing in the rain. In my first year of nursing ( A thousand years ago), I took care of a little boy about 5, who had played in the rain, splashing in puddles and having a great time as little boys are want to do in the rain. I'm sure niether he nor his parents ever expected him to be eletrocuted when lightning hit the ground water. Luckily, a night in the hospital with an Angel for a nurse (that would be me), was all he needed to get back to the bus iness of being a kid. I do wonder though from time to time if he sits out storms or does he dance.
3- Hurricanes are NOT danceable storms and should not be treated as such! While that may seem like overly simple advice, I am from the South, where Hurricane parties are Famous and well attended although usually by the hugely inebriated.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment